Event Date: 11/15/2020
Start Time: 09:00 am
On November 15, 2020 the Department of Health and Human Services issued an Emergency Order under MCL 333.2253 – Gatherings and Face Mask Order. (See Attachment below)
I am anticipating with this order that City Hall will have a change in operations and will be going to Drive-Up operations only and appointments only with city personnel via teleconferencing, zoom meetings or curbside meeting in the parking lot area, if needed. This will go into effect on November 18, 2020 at 12:01 AM and remains into effect until December 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
More details will be forthcoming after the Municipal Attorneys review the entire order.
Governor Announces New MDHHS Order in Response to Surge in Coronavirus Cases
This evening, Governor Whitmer gave an update on Michigan’s COVID-19 response. During the press conference it was announced MDHHS is issuing a three-week epidemic order that takes effect at 12:01 AM on Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
While we continue to evaluate the impacts of this new order on local government and municipal service delivery, we advise you work with your municipal attorney to answer specific questions.
Please take note of section #7 in the order—Face mask requirements at gatherings, part (c)—specifically referencing government offices.
“Except as provided elsewhere in this order, a person responsible for a business, store, office, government office, school, organized event, or other operation, or an agent of such person, must prohibit gatherings of any kind unless the person requires individuals in such gatherings (including employees) to wear a face mask, and denies entry or service to all persons refusing to wear face masks while gathered.”
The Municipal League Attorney Group will provide more details after reviewing the order today:
Restrictions in the order include:
- A work from home order (unless impossible to do so);
- Closure of all high schools and limits on high school athletics unless in strict compliance with additional guidelines;
- No dine-in service for restaurants and bars. Outdoor dining, carry-out and deliver may continue;
- Restrictions on indoor construction;
- Restrictions on indoor and outdoor gatherings;
- Personal services may continue by appointment only if you are able to keep a mask on;
- Gyms may remain open, but may not have group classes and must adhere to increased spacing restrictions;
- Entertainment establishments are closed;
- Retail limited to 30% of the fire code occupancy; and
- Universities and high schools must close for in-person classes.
The full order and State of Michigan resources can be viewed here: Emergency Order under MCL 333.2253 – Gatherings and Face Mask Order
Tony Graff, ICMA-CM
City of Menominee
2511 10th Street
Menominee, MI 49858
firstname.lastname@example.org (NEW EMAIL ADDRESS)
Attached File(s): 1 file(s) uploaded to /: