RE: Reconstruction Project on 13th Street from 34th to 38th Avenue
This letter is to notify you that the street reconstruction project on 13th Street will tentatively start April 20, 2020. A Public Information Meeting cannot be held due to the COVID-19 Shelter in Place Executive Oder No. 2020-21 from Governor Whitmer. However, I am available to answer any questions or concerns.
The 13th Street roadway will be closed to thru-traffic for the duration of the project but open to emergency vehicles and residents within the project limits. At times, traffic will be restricted or closed in immediate work influence areas throughout the project.
The contractor (Barley Excavating) will begin with removal operations consisting of milling of the existing pavement, curb & gutter, sidewalk and driveway aprons. The existing gravel base will be graded to provide a driving surface for local residents and emergency vehicles. The project will continue with underground utility construction, grading operations, miscellaneous concrete, restoration and asphalt paving. After the placement of permanent pavement markings are complete, temporary traffic control will be removed and 13th Street will be opened to traffic.
The city obtained lowest bid prices by allowing maximum flexibility for the contractor to schedule the work with the requirement that all work is completed by the end of July. As Barley Excavating refines their exact schedule, they will be providing additional information to residents in advance of any temporary interruption of water or sewer service.
• Mail delivery will be unchanged.
• Garbage pick-up will remain unchanged and the Barley Construction crew will aid GAD (Great American Disposal) in transferring normal curbside collection to an accessible loading area.
• Central Dispatch will be notified of all road closures and detour routes to ensure timely service access for all emergency vehicles.
• Barley crew members will make every effort to personally notify residents of any interruption of water or sewer service or driveway or sidewalk access issues and residents will be given notification by a crew member hanging a door tag on the front door knob.
• If you have special needs that require alternative access or additional consideration, please contact Jordan Barley at 906-863-9373.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and with your cooperation, we will accomplish these necessary improvements by the end of the summer.
City Engineer/ Director of Public Works
(906) 863-1751 or email@example.com